Welcome to West-Trans Equipment
West-Trans Equipment is the home of West-Trans skip loaders and hooks lifts, West-Transcover Tarping Systems, and the Australian home of HMF Vehicle loading cranes.
People choose West-Trans skip loaders for their rugged design, convenient low fold height arms and no fuss durability. Built Tough in Australia using our own specially built hydraulic cylinders, and premium quality hydraulic components, they meet or exceed all ADR’s, but more importantly, they beat the toughest conditions Australia can throw at them.
West-Trans Equipment has been manufacturing Hook-lifts for Australian businesses since 1988, and in that time has become one of the leading providers of equipment in the country. Today, West-Trans manufactures high quality hook-lifts that are based on built-in durability and smart engineering.
The West-Trans Hook Lift range extends from the compact 6 tonne, through middle weight 14 tonne, dino compatible 18 tonne, the ever popular 20 tonne, to the mighty 28 tonne. Available with fixed or articulating jibs, and adjustable or fixed hooks, all featuring low jib arc, and close to rear drive geometry, giving them low loading height, and improved vehicle stability. Built with the same toughness as the West-Trans skip loaders, using the same custom built cylinders and premium quality components, they feature all billets steel on all high load components, making them the toughest hook lifts in Australia, and the first choice of the waste, recycling and construction industries.
What makes West-Trans Hook-Lifts the best in Australia:
- Proven reputation. West-Trans Equipment have a proven reputation on the Australian market as providers of some of the best quality and most durable hook-lifts available for purchase today. Our equipment is chosen by all major waste and recycling contractors throughout the country because it is a tough, cutting-edge product that offers extraordinary cost efficiency.
- Completely Australian product. Our hook-lifts are designed, engineered and manufactured in Australia from premium quality local materials and components. This means that we can ensure that each unit is made to our exceptional standards from only the best resources.
- Built for local conditions. Due to the fact that we are an Australian company manufacturing for Australian businesses our hook-lifts are developed to withstand our local rugged environment, making us the best choice for businesses around the country.
- Customisable to your needs. Our hook lifts are available from 6 tonnes to 28 tonnes, however, because they are manufactured in Australia they are also highly customisable, allowing our customers to add features so that the unit fulfils their exact requirements.
Truck Mounted Cranes
Our range of truck mounted cranes is chosen based on our expertise as Australia’s leading designer and producer of heavy machinery. Our experience making high quality equipment for our vast range of clients has given us the insights and understanding required to choose only the best truck mounted cranes available on the market today. With this purpose in mind we chose to partner up with Danish manufacturer HMF, which is currently producing the best quality truck mounted cranes in the world.
HMF are the worldwide technology leaders in Vehicle Loading Cranes. Built in Denmark since 1954, they represent the state-of-the-art in materials and electronics technology. Utilizing super high strength steel, and fully fabricated construction, they represent the most compact and lowest tare weight cranes for their given lifting capacity. With engineering excellence as their core principle, cranes are designed with their electronic safety net in mind. It’s not added as an afterthought to a 30 year old design. As a result HMF achieves the same outcome as its major competitors, with less than half the electronic componentry, yet delivers unique designed in safety features, such as its patented EVS (electronic vehicle stability) system, which adjusts the cranes lifting capacity dynamically, according to the lifting conditions, and actual vehicle stability at that time, recognizing vehicle payload as ballast, and adjusting crane performance accordingly.
HMF truck mounted cranes are designed to have:
- The best lift-to-weight ratio on the market
- A low tare weight
- Durable, quality design that significantly reduces the need for regular maintenance
- The EVS stability system, which is one of the leading stability systems in use today
With engineering at its core, whether it’s a customised skip loader or hook lift, or a sub-frame for your new crane, West-Trans Equipment can design, engineer, construct and install a solution which meets your precise needs.